How Do Turmeric Compounds Promote Healthy Aging?
Experts suggest that counteracting the chronic diseases associated with growing older will lead to healthy aging. Antioxidant and anti-Inflammatory compounds in turmeric have anti-aging properties that: (iii.42, 48, 70, 73-74, 83-84)
- Mimic the effects of calorie restriction. Calorie restriction mimetics (CRMs) limit and prevent chronic disease. They do so by blocking aging signaling pathways and promoting healthy cell behavior. CR and CR mimetics are both associated with healthy aging and longer lifespan.
- Reduce oxidative stress. Reducing damage from free radicals is one of the most effective ways to slow down aging. That's because excess free radicals help create unhealthy aging pathways, inflammation, and chronic diseases. CR mimetics and antioxidants in turmeric can help by stimulating natural defenses, neutralizing free radicals, and reducing inflammation.
- Prevent age-related shortening of DNA. Longer DNA ends (telomeres) mean cells can safely replicate more times and live longer. Turmeric compounds and CR can prevent shortening caused by free radicals. Some turmeric compounds can even stimulate the enzyme that lengthens telomeres.
How Does Curcumin Compare to Conventional CRM Drugs?
- Metformin is a drug used to treat type 2 diabetes. It blocks the mTOR pathway and stimulates AMPK in muscles just as curcumin does. But unlike curcumin, metformin does not stimulate beneficial adult stem cells. It also doesn't stimulate production of the anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting, anti-diabetic hormone adiponectin. In an animal study, metformin also stimulated production of amyloid proteins in the brain. These proteins are involved in the development of Alzheimer's disease.
- Rapamycin suppresses mTOR, but also suppresses immunity.
Specific Anti-Aging Activities of Turmeric Compounds
Lowers Risk of Chronic Inflammation, Cell Malfunction, & Chronic Diseases
|Compound||↑ Sirt Longevity Genes||↑ AMPK and/or ↓ mTOR||↓ Inflam-matory Factors||↑ Adipo-nectin||↑ Vitagene Stress Response & FOXO||↑ Nrf2 Anti-|
oxidants & Detox Enzymes
|↑ Autophagy & ↓ Cell Debris||↓ Protein Aggregates & AGEs||↓ Free Radicals & Oxidative Stress||↑ Stem Cells and/or Mito-chondria||↑ Telomere Length|
|1,8-cineole (iii.68, 86)||♦|
|Alpha-linolenic acid (71, 87-89, 117)||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Ar-turmerone (iii.66, 92-93)||♦||♦|
|Caffeic acid (iii.47, 66, 72)||♦||♦||♦|
(iii.42, 48, 73-74, 81, 96-97)
|Ferulic acid (iii.47, 88, 98)||♦||♦||♦|
|Fisetin (iii.47, 67, 81, 99)||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Limonene (iii.66, 73, 94)||♦||♦|
|Linoleic acid (iii.93, 103)||♦|
|Magnesium(iii.48, 69, 71, 104)||♦||♦||♦|
|Myricetin(iii.47, 67, 105-106)||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Quercetin(iii.47, 67, 73, 81, 93)||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Resveratrol(iii.48, 73-74, 93, 109)||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦||♦|
|Riboflavin (iii.48, 68)||♦|
|Thiamine (iii.48, 68, 112)||♦|
|Turmeric Extract(iii.74, 96, 113)||♦||♦||♦|
|Turmeric Oil (iii.92, 98)||♦||♦|
|Turmerin (iii.110, 114)||♦|
|Vanillic acid (iii.66, 115)||♦|
|Vitamin C (iii.48, 68, 91)||♦||♦|
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.