Removing Turmeric Stains
Cooking or eating foods containing turmeric (such as mustard or curry) can sometimes lead to mishaps and yellow stains. Though the curcumin pigments in turmeric make it a dye, some stain removal methods may work.
For all fabrics, scrape off the offending glob of food with a dull edged tool — such as the back edge of a butter knife or rubber scraper. Flex the cloth to loosen any dried, embedded food fragments. (xii.40)
Avoid using ammonia, which will set the stain. (xii.40)
Washable Fabric — Method 1
If the cloth is not white or you are unsure if it is colorfast, test an inconspicuous corner of the fabric first before treating the area. (xii.40)
- Dilute hydrogen peroxide with water using a 1:6 ratio (e.g., 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with 12 tablespoons of water). Although some experts advise using warm water, others warn that heat can set the stain. (xii.40-41)
- Apply hydrogen peroxide mix to stain and wash as usual. Alternatively, you can soak white/colorfast fabrics in full-strength hydrogen peroxide for ½ an hour before laundering. (xii.40-41)
Washable Fabric — Method 2
- Apply plain glycerin, which you can find in the skin cream section of most pharmacies. (xii.40)
- After letting the fabric sit for an hour (or more), launder as you normally would. (xii.40)
Dry Clean Only Fabric
Using a sponge and cold water, dab the stained area immediately. Apply the peroxide and water mixture with a sponge followed by more cold water, and then dry clean. (xii.41)
- Rub the spot with glycerin and let soak for an hour. (xii.40)
- Without pressing down, wipe up area with paper towels. Repeat as necessary. (xii.40)
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.