What is Mitotic Catastrophe?
Mitotic catastrophe is a type of cell death. Researchers think it may work along with apoptosis. They suggest that substances such as curcumin in turmeric may use mitotic catastrophe to kill cancer cells escape apoptosis type of cell death. (vi.2)
How Does Mitotic Catastrophe Kill Cancer Cells?
Formation of a structure called a mitotic spindle is a necessary step for cells to replicate. When pro-apoptotic proteins and caspases interfere with the cell cycle, they disrupt and degrade the mitotic spindle and the cell dies. (vi.2)
Turmeric Compounds Promote Mitotic Catastrophe
The curcumin compounds in turmeric trigger mitotic catastrophe in various cancer cells (such as breast and esophageal cancers). Studies show that curcumin initiates this type of cell death by: (vi.2)
- Promoting pro-apoptotic proteins, caspases, and transcription factors.
- Inhibiting survivin, a protein which acts as an inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) in cancer cells.
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.