Help Prevent Keloids and Other Scars with Turmeric
Animal research suggests turmeric's compounds could not only help heal wounds faster, they may also reduce scarring: (ix.119-120)
- According to a study supported by the Armed Forces Institute of Regenerative Medicine, curcumin taken orally was comparable to growth factor and steroid injections in lessening scar formation. (ix.119)
- Topical curcumin gel heals burn wounds quickly with little or no scarring. (ix.120)
How Can Turmeric Help?
↓ Excess fibroblasts (ix.87)
If the fibroblasts do not die, they continue to produce collagen. Certain growth factors can encourage this abnormal behavior. This result in scarring, including keloid-type scars that go beyond the original wound site. (ix.122)
PhK enzymes are released right after an injury and can promote scarring. Blocking them may help prevent scars from developing. (ix.120)
(in an animal study, given by i.v. 1 hour and 24 hours after a burn) (ix.123)
Full thickness burns cause more and worse scarring. (ix.123)
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.