Increase Bioavailability in Food
Using microencapsulated curcumin as an ingredient in foods dramatically increases its bioavailability. As part of a clinical trial conducted by scientists from Italy and Israel, participants were fed two kinds of bread baked with curcumin. One of the breads used regular curcumin and the other had encapsulated curcumin. Blood tests showed the encapsulated curcumin raised blood levels of curcumin and its metabolites much more than regular curcumin. (i.54-55)
It appears that microencapsulating curcumin slows down how quickly our bodies digest and convert curcumin into its metabolites. This could make more of the potent parent form available for a longer time to organs outside the gastrointestinal tract. Clinical trials are still ongoing. Some of these studies include testing encapsulated curcumin combined with piperine. (i.54-55)
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.