Traditional Herbal Medicine Health Benefits of Turmeric
While turmeric is useful in the kitchen as a spice and as a yellow dye, it is also a potent herbal medicine. Historically people from many regions around the world used the herb for healing purposes. The plant's antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties have been cited in ancient Sanskrit medical treatises. Turmeric is still widely used in Ayurveda (as a bitter herb), Hindu, Unani, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and other folk healing to prevent and treat numerous health conditions, including: (i.5, i.13, 18-19)
|TRADITIONAL HERBAL MEDICINE USES|
|Acne (i.1)||Inflammatory skin rashes (i.20)|
|Allergies (i.13)||Liver disease, including jaundice (i.5)|
|Anorexia (i.13)||Menstrual complaints (i.5)|
|Arthritis (i.13)||Skin and colon cancer (i.5)|
|Chicken pox (i.5)||Small pox (i.5)|
|Common cold (i.5)||Sore throats (i.1)|
|Eye infections (e.g., conjunctivitis and
chronic uveitis) (i.5)
|Stomach aches (i.5)|
|Gallbladder problems (i.5)||Urinary tract infections (i.5)|
|Inflammatory bowel disease (i.5)||Wounds (i.13)|
|TRADITIONAL FOLK AND HERBAL MEDICINE||NAME|
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.