Turmeric Regulates Angiogenesis in Metabolic Syndrome
Growth of new blood vessels is a process called angiogenesis. When it works properly, angiogenesis helps with tissue growth and repair. (vii.17)
- Cancer - Tumors use angiogenesis to grow and spread.
- Obesity - Too much angiogenesis allows fat tissue to grow and accumulate more inflammatory immune system cells.
- Vision loss - Clusters of new blood vessels damage the eyes.
Growth factors are proteins our cells (including fat cells) produce that stimulate angiogenesis. Doctors prescribe drugs that target and reduce abnormally high levels of growth factors to help treat certain kinds of tumors and age-related macular degeneration. (vii.17)
A number of natural plant compounds, including those found in turmeric, inhibit out-of-control growth factors. Some of turmeric's compounds also help regulate leptin levels, a hormone involved in angiogenesis. (vii.17)
|↓ VEGF||↓ IGF-1|
|Alpha-linolenic acid (vii.18-19)||♦|
|Caffeic acid (vii.20-21)||♦|
|Curcumin (vii.1, 10, 21-22)||♦||♦|
|Eugenol (vii.19, 23)||♦|
|Limonene (vii.20, 24)||♦|
|Quercetin (vii.21, 25)||♦|
|Vitamin C (vii.29-30)||♦|
|Metabolic Syndrome Diseases Involved|
|Why Is This Important?|
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.