How to Use Turmeric at Home for Common Dental and Mouth Problems
Homemade Turmeric Oral Rinse
Try massaging turmeric powder directly on the sore tooth or make an oral rinse by boiling: (viii.185)
- 5 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 2 cloves
- 2 dried guava leaves (you can buy them at Fresh Gardens or already in dry leaf tea form from Amazon.com)
- 1⅔ cups water
Or try making a turmeric mouthwash with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder per ¼ cup of warm water. Used 3 times a day, it can reduce natural chemicals in the mouth that irritate gums. (viii.216)
Homemade Topical Turmeric Pain Relief Paste
For an even simpler solution for sore gums, try rubbing the following paste formula to swollen areas twice a day for symptom relief: (viii.185)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard oil — easy to find online from Indian grocers or the gourmet food sections of major retailer sites (e.g., Apna Bazar and Amazon.com)
To heal painful canker sores faster, trying mixing and applying the following topically: (viii.217)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon dried turmeric powder
Although the paste will sting when first applied, it will help get rid of the canker sore quickly. (viii.217)
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.