|TYPE OF PATHOGEN & SYMPTOMS OF INFECTION|
Who's at Risk for Listeriosis?
Pregnancy significantly increases the risk of developing listeriosis. Other conditions that can make people susceptible to the listeria infection include: (v.94)
Listeria typically infects the gastrointestinal system within about two months of exposure. It can also cause genital tract infections. These can be transmitted from a pregnant mother to a newborn baby during delivery. (v.18, 94)
Listeriosis is Especially Dangerous for Pregnant Women and Infants
Listeriosis is a potentially fatal illness for people with weakened immune systems, pregnant women, and infants. It can pass from mother to infant in the uterus and cause a miscarriage in the first and third trimesters of pregnancy as well as stillbirth. (v.18, 94)
Infants who survive to term can still suffer from serious illness (e.g., retardation, paralysis, seizures, and blindness). In the worst cases, infants can die from sepsis and meningitis shortly after birth. (v.18, 94)
Complications of Listeria Infection
Possible complications from listeria in patients of all ages include: (v.18)
|EFFECT OF TURMERIC COMPOUNDS|
Lab studies suggest that curcumin, by itself or combined with other antibacterial compounds, can suppress Listeria bacteria. (v.16)
Encapsulated curcumin is much more potent than plain curcumin. It substantially inhibits even antimicrobial-resistant Listeria. (v.16)
Research (mostly lab studies) show that other individual compounds in turmeric also have antibacterial effects against Listeria. These include:
All of these performed better than the antibiotic streptomycin in the disc-diffusion type of test, which had no effect on Listeria. (v.67)
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.