Turmeric Can Naturally Treat and Prevent Eye Conditions
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), over 300 million people in the world suffer from some degree of vision loss. The good news is that nutrients can help, according to a 10-year clinical trial. In this prospective study, participants were randomly assigned to take either vitamin supplements or placebo. They were then assessed to see the effects of the nutrients on eyesight over time. The study was actually ended early because the benefit from certain vitamins and minerals was so significant. Turmeric contains 2 of the nutrients (vitamin C and vitamin E) from the above studies, as well as many others. Other research indicates turmeric and a number of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds could also help prevent or slow the progression of certain eye conditions. (viii.46, 59-64)
|CONDITION||% OF PEOPLE AFFECTED|
|Age related macular degeneration (AMD)||Approximately 9%|
|Scarred/cloudy cornea||More than 5%|
|Childhood blindness||Under 1%|
|River blindness||Under 1%|
|Refractive errors (e.g., astigmatism)||Less than 1%|
Risk Factors for Eye Conditions that Can Cause Blindness
- Heart disease (e.g., high blood pressure).
- Chronic exposure to bright light.
- Low levels of dietary antioxidants (especially vitamin A).
In fact, diabetes is one of the most common underlying factors in eye conditions that cause blindness in adults living in westernized countries. The connection between these diseases goes as deep as the genetic level. Some of the genes activated in these diseases are also related to genes expressed in the eye. (viii.59, 69)
Prevention and Treatment
This means it's important to be proactive and try to prevent these diseases by making dietary and lifestyle changes. Preventing and treating chronic conditions that can cause eye disease (such as diabetes) is also crucial to keeping your eyes healthy. (viii.59)
How Can Turmeric Help?
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) (viii.61, 66-67, 71)
- Cataracts (viii.61, 63, 66)
- Chorioretinopathy (viii.72)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (viii.73-75)
- Glaucoma (viii.61, 68)
- Uveitis (viii.61)
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.