Effects of Turmeric Compounds on Tumor Suppressors and Pro-Apoptosis Factors
|TUMOR SUPPRESSORS AND PRO-APOPTOSIS FACTORS|
|HOW ARE THEY INVOLVED IN CANCER?
HOW CAN TURMERIC COMPOUNDS HELP?
Tumor Suppressors and Pro-Apoptotic Factors Help Limit Abnormal Cells
Proteins that help get rid of cells too damaged or diseased to repair are called tumor suppressors. They generally trigger apoptosis, a type of cell suicide that prevents them from replicating and making more abnormal cells. (vi.36, 39, 85)
Another way tumor suppressors work is by cell cycle arrest. For example, p53 tumor suppressors can stimulate proteins that inhibit the kinase enzymes used by cancer cells to progress through the cell cycle and replicate. Other proteins and enzymes help tumor suppressors get rid of defective and cancerous cells. (vi.36, 39, 85)
Cancer Tries to Limit Tumor Suppression
In cancer, tumor suppressors and apoptotic enzymes are often inactivated or mutated. They fail to regulate and eliminate cells with irreparable DNA damage, which allows cancer cells to replicate. Mutated forms can even promote cancer cell growth. (vi.13, 16, 38-39, 85, 133)
Turmeric Supports Tumor Suppression
Besides curcumin, other turmeric compounds also help promote tumor suppressors. These include:
|SPECIFIC EFFECTS OF TURMERIC COMPOUNDS|
|↑ TUMOR SUPPRESSORS|
|↑ PRO-APOPTOTIC PROTEINS|
|↑ ENZYMES THAT INDUCE AND CARRY OUT APOPTOSIS|
Caspases -3, 4, 8, 9
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.