Effects of Turmeric Compounds on Factors that Help Cancer Cells Survive
|HOW DO THEY CONTRIBUTE TO CANCER?
HOW CAN TURMERIC COMPOUNDS HELP?
Survival factors (also referred to as inhibitors of apoptosis, or IAPs) work to help repair DNA. However, this type of protein also works against apoptosis, a non-inflammatory type of cell death. Apoptosis is the body's natural way to get rid of abnormal cells. (vi.3, 13, 16, 30, 38-39, 60, 106, 133)
Cancer cells often stimulate production of IAPs and dysfunctional regulation of cells with DNA damage. IAPs allow abnormal cells to replicate, causing or promoting tumor growth. They can also contribute to a tumor's resistance to chemotherapy and radiation treatment. (vi.13, 16, 38-39, 85, 133)
Active Turmeric Compounds
Besides curcumin, other compounds in turmeric also block proteins that help cancer cells survive. These include:
|SPECIFIC EFFECTS OF TURMERIC COMPOUNDS|
|↓ Bcl-2||↓ cIAP-1 and -2||↓ AP-1||↓ TxnRd1|
|↓ Bcl-xL||↓ Cop9||↓ (Mutant) p53||↓ XIAP|
|↓ Bfl-1/A1||↓ FLIP||↓ Survivin|
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.