Best Ways to Take Turmeric for a Healthy Heart
According to researchers, combining the compounds in spices such as black pepper and turmeric could help keep your heart healthy. Piperine from black pepper is known to increase the bioavailability of curcumin compounds from turmeric. Keeping higher amounts of curcumin in the bloodstream longer should enhance its beneficial effects. (vii.262)
Scientists recently conducted an animal study to determine how much piperine and curcumin produced the best results. They found that 13 mg of piperine and 5.8 mg of curcumin (per kg of body weight) lowered unhealthy cholesterol the most. These dosages suggest about a 2:1 ratio of piperine to curcumin. (vii.262)
Look for supplements that contain piperine and turmeric or its curcumin compound (or all three).
Join the 1000s of People Who Are Discovering the Benefits of Turmeric.
Healthceuticals® Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Organic Turmeric Extract - standardized to 95% curcuminoids.
- Organic Whole Turmeric - provides full spectrum antioxidant, anti-inflammatory turmeric benefits, including turmerones and numerous vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients
- Organic Black Pepper Extract - standardized to 95% piperine; dramatically enhances bioavailablity.
- Organic Phospholipids - markedly improve absorption.
- Organic Ginger - works synergistically with turmeric to provide more powerful benefits.
- Absolutely FREE of potentially harmful additives and fillers such as magnesium stearate.